Monday, August 27, 2007

I'm Back!

I've been gone for awhile. I guess you could say I got sidetracked by life with my two little boys. I am recommited to posting at least twice a week from here on. While I was gone I have started a few new food related things. I have joined a CSA (farmfreshtoyou) that delivers local produce to my door every week. I have also joined a meat CSA which ensures that all of the meat products that my family eats have been humanely raised and slaughtered. I have also stopped buying as much prepackaged foods. I've been making crackers, yogurt, jam and cereal at home, among other things. I figure this not only reduces waste it is also a big step in the direction of a completely local diet. I kind of freaked out a bit after all of those food recalls. I'd rather take the extra effort to make things myself at home.

Here's the meal plan for the week:
Monday - Pizza made with leftover ingredients from the weekend (made by the Boogie and me!)
Tuesday - Lemon pepper pasta with tomato sauce and tuna, steamed green beans
Wednesday - Peppers stuffed with Spanish rice and ground chicken, salad
Thursday - Veggie and cheese fritatta (made with leftover veggies from the previous week's CSA delivery)
Friday - Out for dinner at my parents house to celebrate my sister's 31st!
Saturday - Out for dinner with an old friend (leftovers for the Boogie)
Sunday - TBD

No comments: