Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Jam!

I was reading the Bay Area Bites blog the other day and there was a post about a company called We Love Jam (www.welovejam.com. The author of the post was writing about this amazing Blenheim Apricot jam they had gotten from this company. It is all hand made, even the jars are washed by hand, and old fashioned (which ALWAYS appeals to me). I also read that Food & Wine had written about it recently. I had to find out for myself so I went to their site and ordered a jar. The price was hefty and I was only allowed to order one jar due to very limited production. Well, it came today and yes, it is AMAZING. The texture is like velvet and it is perfectly sweet and apricoty with a hint of anise. It is like summer in a jar. It was hard not to sit down with a spoon and eat the whole jar. Now I am torn between eating it and saving it. I won't be able to get another jar until next summer! Darn! I guess I will just savor it slowly (and hide it in the back of the fridge so I don't have to share it!).

No comments: